Regulatory Bodies and Agencies
LIWOM Self Help Project
Association of Orphans and Vulnerable Children NGO (AONN Oyo State)
The Nigerian Police Force
Association of Homes & Orphanages’ Operators in Nigeria
HWWN ACCORD LIWOM Oke-Ado VC Project (Phase 1 and extension)
Government (Local, State [Ministry of Women Affairs & Social Development] and National)
Child Protection Network Oyo State Chapter (CPN)
Oyo State Steering Committee on Child Labour
Oyo State Steering Committee on OVC
Traditional & Religious Leadership Structures
Achievements: Some of our major accomplishments include:
|• Provision of OVC consultancy services for the establishment of community based partner projects in Ibarapa LGA, Oyo State (IICWIN)
• Trained and capacitated nearly 50 Coordinators of OVC CSOs and over 60 community volunteers for OVC response in Ibarapa LGAs, Oyo State.
• Recruited and trained vulnerable women, youth and men as peer
educators and lay counselors in Ibadan (Orphanages/schools)
• Helped communities to establish and manage Income Generating Projects (Moshi Gbofa)
• Provide, equip and manage Educational facility for 2 communities in Kwara State for over 200 children and 4 LGA in Oyo State for over 200 children
• Rescue of 50 children from child labor in collaboration with state security agency (Nigeria Police – Juvenile Welfare Central (JWC), Iyaganku.
• Support service to PLWH 250 (Our Lady Support Group & Precious Child
Care Foundation. LIWOM seek to scale up this number to 2000 through sustainable integrated service provision to these vulnerable groups?
|Mobilised communities to combat HIV and AIDS, eliminate stigma, care for the sick and support orphans and
Integrated prevention and home based care activities to mitigate the impact of HIV and AIDS Forged good working relationships with other role players involved in HIV and AIDS
Indirect provision of support and HCT to over 360,000 people tested in both Lagos and Oyo State on HTC & PMTCT
collaboration and capacity building for other CVs
|Activities in collaboration with the State Ministry of Women Affairs|
|Trained 33 Community Development Officers from the 3 Geo-political zone in Oyo State via Capacity Building Facilitative efforts in collaboration with the Association of Orphans and Vulnerable Children NGO in Nigeria (AONN) Oyo State Chapter.
Provision of educational support for over 150 children in Ibadan via self help and Oyo State government (SACA/Women Affairs) support.
Enlistment and provision of 6+1 services for 33 OVC on Global Fund R5 & R9
|Enlistment and provision of service to 7500 Children and 2600 vulnerable households in Oke-Ado (currently ongoing)
Monitoring and Evaluation of OVC activities in the State
Establish and manage a Home for displaced street children.
Challenges and Constraints: Some of our major challenges and constraints include:
- Inability to influence program directives for a sustainable program implementation despite prompt and regular quality reporting
Future Plans: LIWOM will continue to fund, mentor, train, monitor and evaluate the activities of our community based partner projects. Our future plan is to enable, empower and capacitate our community based CSOs to become autonomous and self-sustaining in their OVC response. We plan to strengthen and expand community based Income Generating Projects. Increase access to ART information and treatment for rural and disadvantaged urban communities within Oyo State